RI MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Rotary International is to support its member clubs in fulfilling the Object of Rotary by:
• Fostering Unity among Member Clubs
• Strengthening and Expanding Rotary around the World
• Communicating Worldwide the Work of Rotary
• Providing a System of International Administration.
ROTARY: Is an organization of Business and Professional people united worldwide to provide Humanitarian Service, Encourage High Ethical Standards in all Vocations and help build Good will and Peace in the world.
FOUNDER: It was founded by PAUL HARRIS – a lawyer on 23rd February, 1905; in Chicago USA.
MOTTO: Rotary Principal Motto is “Service above self”
OBJECT OF ROTARY: The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and foster;
FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal business, and community life.
FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
DECLARATION FOR ROTARIANS IN BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS AS ADOPTED BY 1989 CONSTITUTION
As a Rotarian engaged in a business or profession, I am expected to:
- Consider my vocation to be another opportunity to serve;
- Be faithful to the letter and to the spirit of the ethical codes of my vocation, to the laws of my country and to the moral standards of my chosen vocation;
- Do all in my power to dignify my vocation and to promote the highest ethical standards in my vocation;
- Be fair to my employer, employees, associates, competitors, customers, the public, and all those with whom I have a business or professional relationship;
- Recognize the honor and respect due to all occupations which are useful to society;
- Offer my vocational talents: to provide opportunities for young people, to work for the relief of the special needs of others, and to improve the quality of life in my community;
- Adhere to honesty in my advertising and in all representations to the public concerning my business or profession;
- Neither seek from nor grant to a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normally accorded others in a business or professional relationship.